It’s important to know that spine care doesn’t automatically mean surgery. In fact, most back and neck conditions improve with conservative (nonsurgical) treatment measures. Only about 5% of the patients we see actually require spinal surgery.
We offer conservative treatment options so you have choices that can be tailored to your unique needs and personal preferences. These options include:
- Physical therapy (PT), including exercises to strengthen your core muscles to better support your back, tips on ways to modify everyday activities to reduce back/neck strain, and adjustments to your work environment for optimal efficiency and comfort
- Pain management options including:
- Injections (image-guided injection of medication through a precisely placed, small needle)
- Nerve ablation (a portion of nerve tissue is destroyed or removed to interrupt pain signals and reduce pain in that area)
- Neuromodulation (an implantable device is used to alter the activity of the nervous system and interrupt pain signals)
- Recommendations for appropriate complementary therapies, such as acupuncture, osteopathic manipulation or therapeutic massage